We Are Currently Hiring for the Following Positions:
Reports To: Director of Finance
Location: 8250 Borden Street, Vancouver, BC
Schedule: 8:00AM to 4:30PM, flexible as required
Here’s the scoop on who we are…
West Coast Canning (WCC) was founded in 2013 as Canada’s first mobile canning company. Since then, we’ve merged with our Eastern sister company Sessions Craft Canning (SCC) and service our customers nationwide. We’ve adapted to keep up with the craft beverage industry and we now provide full-service packaging solutions including mobile canning, shrink sleeving, aluminum cans, design services and more. We work with lots of great breweries, cideries, distilleries and wineries with a mission to provide the best services possible to our customers across North America.
We want WCC/SCC to be just as awesome of a place to work as the beverages we’re helping pack. When you join us, you are part of a collaborative, fun-loving and dedicated team in an awesome industry.
A Day in the Life
As a member of the Administration team at our Vancouver, BC location, the Accountant is responsible for the day to day operational activities for Accounting and Financial Reporting of both WCC and SCC. In addition to this, they are trusted to provide ongoing support and assistance to the Director of Finance.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Create and distribute management reports for WCC & SCC.
- Monthly, quarterly and annual Income Statement reporting and variance analysis vs. prior periods, budget, and forecast.
- Prepare and record adjusting entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Reconcile Balance Sheet accounts. Investigate and present solutions for any related discrepancies.
- Participate and complete Week/Month/Quarter/Year-end activities including Journal Entries, Lead Sheets, & Schedules.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for internal departments and provide information and support to the Director of Finance and other department managers.
- Key Performance Indicators (KPI) monitoring and reporting and identify areas for improvement.
- Manage the accounts receivable and accounts payable teams for each of WCC & SCC.
- Ensuring collection of receivables on a timely basis and according to WCC/SCC’s policies and established credit terms.
- Review and establish process improvement measures and ensure compliance with GAAP and ASPE regulations.
- Assist with CRA, Stats Canada and bank correspondence/requests.
- Assist with budgeting process and year end reviews/audits.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a full cycle accounting role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or similar discipline.
- CPA designation or currently pursuing a CPA designation.
- Intermediate/Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Good interpersonal & communication skills with polished, professional style.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and make decisions independently.
- Apt to developing and maintaining a network of contacts, both inside and outside the finance team, with others who can supply information, collaborate and support for work related goals.
- Experience working with Sage is an asset.
- Takes ownership and personal responsibility for their actions and accountabilities.
- Expresses entrepreneurial soul and actively pursues opportunities for innovation.
- Displays and advocates for honest, transparent communication.
- Leads with courage and integrity, makes space for self and others to take chances.
- Values collaboration and prioritizes building trusting relationships.
- Work hard play hard, enthusiastic about achieving objectives and celebrating the wins.
Benefits & Compensation
- Competitive wages, a stellar extended medical/dental plan and advancement opportunities
- The tools you need to succeed! Leading edge equipment and a great support team
- Our staff is the heart of what we do, and we love to take care of them and have fun together with regular extra curricular activities, bring some ideas along!
How to Apply
- Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org